And we're moving to a different house!
More on the moving part later.
For now, let's look at this big kid we've got.
I gave him a book this month in an effort to distract him from the usual props.
It worked pretty well!
And then he saw it
And the usual shots ensued
Here are 10 new facts about E:
1. He can pick up food and feed himself. He was a little hesitant at first with squishy things like bananas and avocado, but when I gave him chicken, he was all in! Now he is doing great picking up cooked squash, chicken, broccoli, carrots and, his favorite, cauliflower.
2. He is sleeping with one arm out of his sleep sack, and he rubs his head to go to sleep. It's adorable. He is also putting himself to sleep by himself completely, and when he wakes up, he will often lay in his crib for a long time, just resting. Sometimes he even goes back to sleep for a while. Our doc says it's great he is doing this because he's learning how to sleep unassisted. I say amen! Every once in a while, he will wake at night and need help going back down, but most nights, he's a sleeping champ!
3. His new foods are liver (awesome levels of iron!), beets and cauliflower.
4. He pulls up on things now. I lowered his crib, which actually allows him to pull up on the crib better, but at least he can't fall out.
5. He has found Grace's water bowl.
6. He understands things are funny. You can look at him weird or make a face, and he bursts into laughter. It's so much fun to watch him become a little person.
7. He doesn't have any new teeth this month, but we are still happy with the eight we have. I bought him an introductory toothbrush and he loves it! I'm not putting toothpaste on it, but giving those pearl whites a scrubbing.
8. He officially weighs 21 pounds and is 28 inches long!
9. After his check-up this month, the doc said we could put him on real, whole milk. I was worried he wouldn't like the change, but he downed the bottle full of milk like nothing was different. I'm so happy to have him off formula and so is my pocketbook.
10. He spends most of his time playing with books and opening cabinets in the kitchen. I love that he plays and explores things!