December 17, 2012
December 2, 2012
I'm so thankful that I know Stacy Kinzler of Stacy Kinzler Photography because she came to Memphis and photographed Everett. It was his first shoot, and I am so happy with the results.
Here are several of my favorites; although, I'm holding back a few for holiday cards.
Gran even got in on the action.
December 1, 2012
November 30, 2012
November 29, 2012
I just got an email from BlogHer--the company who puts ads on my site--saying they are switching my blog from the Life category to the Parenting category.
Who me? What a wake-up call.
Who is parenting?
Oh yeah. Us.
Although we've had this little guy for almost 6 weeks, it's difficult to imagine we are parenting anything. I feel like we are focused on surviving and having a little fun doing it.
I thought I would list a few products that have kept us all alive and sane these few weeks.
In no particular order:
1. The Miracle Blanket. It's a wonderful swaddle blanket that shuts up a crying baby in no time.
2. Happiest Baby on the Block. A great book about what babies need the first three months and why.
3. Ergo Performance carrier. Everett loves the carrier, and I love the carrier because I can get things around the house done, while keeping him happy. He usually goes in it after his 8am feeding before his 11am feeding.
4. Nap Nanny. We got a Graco Pack and Play with a newborn insert, but Everett wouldn't sleep in it. We purchased a Nap Nanny, and he sleeps wonderfully in it. We place the Nap Nanny in the Pack and Play on the highest level, and it works wonderful next to our bed.
5. G Diapers and cloth wipes. I know we could survive without these, but I'm really enjoying them. It's so nice to be able to do a simple load of laundry and replenish your supply. No running across town to Target. I also make the diaper wipes wet with Baby Wipe Juice! It takes about 10 seconds to mix it and pour it over them. And, no the laundry isn't bad or gross ;)
November 26, 2012
November 15, 2012
Here's a video of Everett doing some talking
November 6, 2012
November 5, 2012
Time is going by so fast in our house right now. It seems like Everett just got here, but he is already 20 days old today.
Here are some photos from the past two weeks. These were all taken with my phone because I've found it's difficult to always have my big camera out and ready.
I love how Porter is sitting on the top of the chair in this one.
Everett's already had a play date with Katie! Although he slept most of the time.
I love him all curled up.
First recorded smile! I actually think this series was just moving his face around, but I caught it at the right time.
The day before Halloween, we put on our first Halloween outfit.
The day before Halloween is also my birthday, and we were all able to go out to dinner with mom and Jack. Everett slept through the entire meal!
Birthday kisses for mommy.
Bath time is always precious.
On Halloween, we dressed in our real costume.
We call this levitating arm, "creepy arm." It often creeps out of his blanket or creeps into the air.
Sometimes he is very concerned.
But other times happy.
And a lot of the time, he is just hanging out.