July 30, 2009

Purple Rain


No, this isn't me. Not because I don't look good for my age, but mostly because I haven't made any girlfriends to sit by the pool with.

It's the end of July. I have access to a swimming pool for 24 more days, but El Nino won't cooperate. It's raining buckets here and has been for weeks!

I'm not one to douse myself in baby oil and sizzle by the pool, but an occasional afternoon magazine-reading stint is nice. Nope. Nada. Rain! And when it's not raining, it's thinking about raining.


This looks a little like the second coming, but you get the idea. Cloudy, humid and mostly going to rain.

Did you know there are reportedly more than 700 songs with rain in the title? Here are a few of the most popular:
Purple Rain (Prince)
November Rain (G&R)
She's My Kind of Rain (Tim McGraw)
Songs About Rain (Gary Allen)
Rainy Night In Georgia
Kentucky Rain
Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Willie Nelson)
Singing In The Rain
Here Comes The Rain Again

You can find a huge list here: http://bit.ly/5zfFf

So bring on the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails