November 28, 2011

The Thanksgiving Grind

This Thanksgiving, Chris and I traveled home to see my family. The night before Thanksgiving lunch, my mom and I set out to make cornbread dressing, and we discovered we didn't have any corn meal. You know, the corn meal to make the cornbread that goes into the cornbread dressing? 


I offered to drive to Kroger and fight the fight of everyone else who had forgotten one ingredient the day before Thanksgiving, but before I got in the car, Mom said that she did have polenta. Polenta is just a larger grind of corn than corn meal. 

So you know what? I ground (in the food processor) the polenta to get it closer to corn meal. 


And it worked! The cornbread came together perfectly. I felt very pioneer-like doing this successfully. 


But I didn't get a photo of the finished cornbread dressing. I was much too busy eating. I was able to get a group shot, thanks to my new remote control for my camera. 


A pretty good looking group.


And, yes. I did cut my hair again. It's even shorter than before, and I'm loving it!


Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails