March 6, 2010

The Reba/George Strait report

Dear Club8 Row G Seats 1&2 ticketholders,

We missed you at the show! You would have been the only other people sitting on our little row. We were destined to be friends, to laugh and sing together and to revel in the magic that was Reba and George Strait.

So let me tell you what you missed.

Well, first you missed having a little row all to ourselves. Sitting on the Club level was great. There were comfy seats, a restaurant and bar right close by and lots of bathrooms that didn't have a ton a people lined up outside them.

You missed Lee Ann Womack opening the show, and yes, she sang the I Hope You Dance Song. We didn't dance, but we did sing along like 15-year-old-girls. You would have loved it.

Oh my and then Reba came out. Reba McEntire! You missed her wearing some tight jeans and a sleeveless black tank with black sequins on the front of it. And her RED hair. But don't worry, it wasn't Grandma-purple-from-a-box red, it's just the Reba red.

There were several large screens hanging from the ceiling, and before she came out, they ran a video montage of her music videos, tv shows and movies. You would have loved it!

So Reba came out and sang her heart out, including That's the Night That the Lights Went Out in Georgia. It was the perfect balance of old stuff, which I knew every word to, and some of the new stuff. I think you would have approved.

But you really missed her encore. The screens played a part of her Fancy music video, and then a old-time taxi rolls in the stadium, just like the one in the music video.


Then, out steps Reba in a bright red sequin dress with big red high-heels. She waltz across that stage and sang Fancy like there was no tomorrow. It was the best!!

We kept looking for you to see if you were just late, or hanging out by the bar.

But then it was time for George. Oh my. If he needs a younger girlfriend, I could fill that roll. With his tight jeans, button-down shirt, black cowboy hat and love songs, my heart melts. Seriously, I think he's WAY cute...I'm just saying. So you missed that too. Here's a nice article about the show if you want to catch up.

And, you missed Chris having his picture taken twice by strangers. Yeah. The first time, this stranger came up to him and asked if he was Ben Affleck. He seriously gets that ALL THE TIME.  So he said he wasn't, and she said, "Well, I'm going to take your picture anyway!" What can you say to that? So she took his picture.
(Note: my shiny white self is NOT to be compared to JLo. Just wanted to make that clear.)



While he was gone (getting his photo taken by a stranger) the lady sitting behind me tapped my shoulder. "Is that your husband you're here with?" she asked. "Yes," I said. "Well, he looks just like my son-in-law. Can I take his picture when he gets back?" What are you going to say to that? I said, "Ok."

You may have found this strange, but truth be told, we kinda do too.

So that's what you missed. It was a great show.

Oh, and Chris really enjoyed stretching his legs across your space, and I really enjoyed not having to crawl across you when I had to use the restroom. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails