August 14, 2011

Mary Kay try out

I was lucky enough to be a part of a trial program through BlogHer and Mary Kay. I signed up; they sent me some makeup to try. Pretty cool, right? 

Here's the loot.


 It was a magnetic compact,  


three shades of eyeshadow and a blush


They all fit perfectly into the magnetic compact.


I wasn't sure that blue was my color, but I followed the instructions on the packet, which showed which areas of the eye to place the colors. 


Here's the shadow on my eye. I like the two brown tones, but with my green eyes, I really need a purple hue instead of blue. The makeup did go on well though. I used their little brushes that were included, but I always prefer a real sized brush. The small ones would be nice on the go, but they just can't compare to real brushes. 


And, here's the finished eye. 


I normally use Bare Minerals, which I do love. However, the Mary Kay sample was really nice with the magnetic compact. I could see that it would be nice having everything you needed in one compact instead of several loose powder tubs like I have now. I think I may look into purchasing a purple hue to replace the blue, and I'll keep the compact in my travel bag. You never want to find yourself without makeup!

Thanks Mary Kay and BlogHer for the samples!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails