February 18, 2011

The way to the heart

You've heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'm pretty sure it's the way to my heart too. 

For this year's Valentine's Day, Chris and I decided to stay low-key and do a dinner at home. 

I had been thinking about a menu for several weeks, but I just couldn't come up with any inspiration. 

Steaks? Surf and turf? Shrimp something? 


It just wasn't coming to me. 




Does any of that sound bad? 

No. 

One of the cool parts was that Chris and I had candied bacon at our wedding. Yes, I know you wish you were there. The funny part was that we only got two pieces because the rest was eaten. For years, people still commented on our candied bacon. 

My mom would make me chocolate chip pancakes on the weekends when I was growing up. Chris' mom has always made him pancakes too, so I know he loves them, and Chris introduced me to Nutella. 

I decided this recipe was our food love child. 

And with that, I decided I would make it for Valentine's Day.

When else can you splurge with a dinner full of breakfast and dessert?

I decided that we'd need a heavy appetizer since we were having sugar for dinner. 

I went with twice baked potatoes. I know. A little strange. But, I bought a few small potatoes, and they made for some perfect small bites, while I was making dinner. 

Dinner was delicious. 
Way more sugary and decadent than we're used to, but it was a really fun meal.

And, isn't that what Valentine's Day should be about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails