September 11, 2011

It's time: 10 years!

My BFF (best friend forever), Kathy, and I have always celebrated our Friend-versary. We met at Hendrix College on September 8, 2001. To commemorate our friend love, we give each other the appropriate anniversary gift per the year. Ten years is tin and diamond. 

I found this clock here, and I was inspired to make a "diamond encrusted" clock for Kathy. 

First, I found a clock at an antique store, but it was too shiny. 



So I decided to spray paint it. 


With glitter! I mean, diamond dust. 




Once it was dry, I began adding the jewels: "diamonds." 
I had two different sizes of diamonds around the sides and on the alarm bells. 


For the face of the clock, I used a "diamond" trim from the fabric department. 


Happy Diamond Year Anniversary, Kathy!


1 comment:

  1. Wait a second...are you telling me that clock isn't covered with real diamonds?! Does our love mean nothing to you?!

    To the extensive Allison-blog-reading audience, the other traditional 10 year anniversary gift is tin and aluminum (just as exotic and exciting as diamonds!). Due to budgetary constraints, I presented Allison with a gift made with tin. Just keepin' it classy.
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails