June 9, 2010

Up on the rooftop, click, click, click

Our first visit to Memphis was during Chris' interviewing process. Through a connection, we were able to stay at the River Inn of Harbor Town. It truly is a great boutique hotel, and we've since remarked that if we hadn't stayed there, we might not have decided to move here. It's that nice. 

On the roof of the inn is a mid-sized patio area with several tables with umbrellas and a bar. It's the only public view of the water on the island. I'm sure some people's houses can see the river, but you know what I mean. When we first visited, it was closed for a private party. 


When we visited the second time, it rained the entire trip.

When we moved to our apartment on the island, we tried to go to the rooftop bar several times. It was either closed for a party, or it was raining when we though of it.


Finally, we made plans to go. And it was open!


Now after all of this hype, you may wonder if it was worth it, and I say, yes!



 It really is a one-of-a-kind view, and I felt very fancy sitting up there with my martini. 


Maybe we'll make it back up there before another year goes by. 

***Note, this is out of order, and these weren't taken with my new camera. I had to catch up!

1 comment:

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails