June 12, 2010

I Still Tear Up

June 11th, 2010, was Chris and my 5th-year anniversary. Sadly, Chris is traveling for work, and so we spent our anniversary apart. But, we've pegged next Saturday as the day for celebration!

With a few days to myself, I've begun to pull out my box of wedding items and go through them. One of the first things I found was a video our photographer made for us as a surprise. 

We've watched it every year on our anniversary, and it makes me cry every time. There's no telling what kind of wedding I would plan today, but looking back, I loved our wedding. 

Here is our video. 

 


Are you a little teary eyed? I think what makes the video so touching is the song. I love the lyrics, and I think it tells the perfect story of a marriage.


Stained Glass Window
I'm singing a song to you. All day long if you want me to. 'Cause I wouldn't be who I am if I wasn't your man anymore. Your love is the rain in spring. Brings new life into everything we do.
If it wasn't for you, I'd be lonesome and blue that's for sure. So please don't ever replace me in your heart. Perish the thought of living if we should be apart. I'll give you my love completely and indiscreetly and tell the world who you are.
I'm singing myself to sleep. All my dreams will be yours to keep. 'Cause I wouldn't know what I know if I wasn't your man anymore. Your love is the sunshine too.
A stained glass window I'm looking through. It's true, if it wasn't for you, I'd be lonesome and blue that's for sure.
So please don't ever replace me in your heart. Perish the thought of living if we should be apart. I'll give you my love completely and indiscreetly and tell the world who you are.
-John Davis

I definitely wouldn't be who I am today had I not married Chris, and that makes me pretty happy.
Stay tuned to see what else I find in my wedding box!


**Also, for my nerds out there, my CD was an auto-play, and I couldn't save the files, so I used Camtasia to record it playing on my computer**

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful wedding and I love the video.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails