November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Success!


Thanksgiving 2010: Success!

This is my beautiful turkey. Can you believe it? It cooked and looked so pretty. And it was tasty too.


Here I am taking the turkey out of the brine. 


Jack poured everyone a little champagne

And we had my deviled eggs as hor d'oeurves



Here's me and Jenny and Thad. So glad they were able to come!



Here's my family minus Chris, who is behind the camera.



Jenny taught me how to make dressing.



And then it was time for the big reveal.



I was so proud of how pretty this bird turned out!



The next morning, we all met back up for some breakfast.


 And after everyone had eaten their fill, and we said our goodbyes, it was time to clean!



The turkey was huge, and I knew I wanted to make stock, so I spent some time chopping up the turkey carcass, and placed half in each of two pots.  



 After two days, I was able to cook 4 pots full of stock. I refrigerated some of it and froze the rest. I know it's going to be delicious, and save me so much money at the grocery store. 

This evening I cleaned up all the turkey remains and packaged up the rest of the stock, when I came across the wishbone!
 (This is a Christopher Cook photo)




So we had to split it.



And I won! I got my wish, but I'm not telling what it was.


1 comment:

  1. That bird was beautiful and delicious. We really enjoyed the day and have made the most of all the leftovers. And I am so jealous of your stock!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails