November 6, 2010

Registering For Life

 
 
I've had a couple friends get married recently, and so there's been a lot of talk about what to register for, what not to register for, and the favorite thing to register for. 

Chris and I registered for a lot of great things, and we got a lot of great things. Thanks!

But the item(s) that we received that we use EVERYDAY is our cookware. 


One of the best ideas Chris had when we were choosing our cookware was to have me pick up and carry each piece in the store. "Now imagine that full of water," he would say. 

Many of the other brands of cookware were just too heavy when they were empty, much less if they had been full of hot soup. We both knew I would be doing most of the cooking--because I really like it!--and so I had to be able to manage the cookware. Smart guy!

I also chose nonstick for the ease in cooking and cleaning. I know stainless is a tried and true option, but for our large set, I wanted nonstick. We do have a few pieces of stainless steel, but I only use those when I really need to sear something specific. For everyday use, I didn't want to worry about the burning and cleaning of stainless steel. Just my preference!
 
So if any of you are getting married, or just want to invest, or re-invest, in good cookware, that's my two cents!

Have you noticed my Cooking.com widget on the right sidebar? If you're interested in some new cooking/kitchen items, click over there for some good deals. You can also follow them on Facebook and on Twitter

I'm always on the lookout for a good deal, especially on cooking items! And Christmas is just around the corner...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails