May 19, 2011

Practice makes perfect

Our neighbor, Amy, had her birthday party last weekend, and she asked me to make her a cake. I was so flattered and happy to do it. 



She requested the strawberry cake and icing from Nicole's shower...you know, the cake that almost killed me? 


But, instead of the crazy vertical layers, she just wanted strawberry. Piece of cake!


And, for the icing that speckled my entire kitchen last time, I decided to make the batch in two parts. I made half the batch of icing, and then the other half. This technique changed the entire experience! The icing was easier to manage and mixed better, making a nice consistency. It didn't overflow the mixing bowl, and we won't be finding specks of it until Christmas. Miraculous! 


So it turns out that The Cake That Almost Killed Me actually taught me something. 

I feel like there is a life lesson in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The Muddy Truth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails